For this week’s Galaxy S3 AOSP ROM of the Week (What is AOSP?), check out Gummy ROM!
Now back with Android 4.4.4, Gummy ROM also has released their M3 milestone, meaning it’s stable release with everything working out of the box. (For all models except GT-i9300, which is still nightly.)
With the latest Gummy ROM, you will find a nicely, organized ROM Control-like settings called Gummy Interface, allowing user to quickly and easily tweak their phone to the fullest. Gummy ROM has always been one of my favorite custom ROMs since it has many of customization options integrated flawlessly.
Inside the core of Gummy ROM Settings, you will find Gummy Interface, which allows you to customize and tweak everything from your status bar, notification drawer, quick settings, hardware keys, soft keys, PIE Controls, HeadsUp pop-up notifications, Power Menu, Lockscreen, and plenty more. (See video overview for demo.)
Overall, Gummy ROM is a nice choice for those of you who want to latest and great Android 4.4.4 with the most customization options so definitely give this guy a go this week(end) and do let me know what you think!
Download Gummy ROM for Galaxy S3 (for all AT&T, T-Mobile, Sprint, Verizon, Canadian, US Cellular, MetroPCS, and Cricket)
Download HighOnAndroid OnePlus One Conversion Kit w/ No Lockscreen, Audio FX (optional- use this one instead if AudioFX app force closes)
Download Android 4.4.4 Gapps (Use micro if you want AOSP camera along with Google Camera you can install from Play Store or use stock if you want all latest Google apps but you only get Google Camera)
NOTE: You need to update you CWM Recovery to v22.214.171.124 or higher OR also update your TWRP Recovery to v126.96.36.199 or higher. You can update your recovery by downloading CWM/TWRP then using Flashify app CLICK HERE.
To install, reboot into recovery, make backup ROM, wipe data/factory reset, install ROM, install Gapps, install Conversion Kit, and reboot. (If for some reason you end up in a bootloop or get force-closed keyboard error on boot, reboot into CWM recovery, go to Mounts & Storage->format /system. For TWRP, go to Wipe->Advanced Wipe->Wipe /system.)
First time installing a custom ROM? See How to Install Custom ROM on Galaxy S3!
- Want latest Android L Preview Keyboard? See How to Install Android L Preview Keyboard on rooted Android!
- Want Flash Player? See How to Install Flash Player on Android 4.4.2/4.4.3 KitKat!
- If you want some awesome audio, check out Viper4Audio FX MOD, which you can install on this ROM to enhance your music 100%.
- If you want to run your apps in tablet/hybrid/custom DPI mode, see our Xposed App Settings guide.
- If you want PIE Controls, see our LMT Pie Control guide.
- Need to run apps that check for root? Check out How to Run Apps that’s don’t run on rooted Android!
- Want to listen to YouTube music with screen off? Check out How to Playback YouTube videos with Screen-Off!
- Need multi-window? Check out How to Add Multi-Window to Any Rooted Android!
Q: My 3G/4G LTE data is not working!!!
A: See How to Fix 3G/4G LTE data by Manually Setting APN on Android!
Q: I don’t have Play Store nor any of the Google apps!
A: You forgot to install Gapps, reboot into recovery and install it! (See above for download.)
Q: The ROM is not booting!
A: Try formatting /system and re-install ROM, sometimes the system partition gets corrupt and you may have to try 2 or 3 times before the ROM boots.