For those of you looking to convert your Galaxy S3 into OnePlus One, we’ve got a surprise for you (if you haven’t heard yet). I know many of you are actually trying to buy a OnePlus One or perhaps want to check it out.
Thanks to custom ROMs and open source development you can install CM11 ROM along with HighOnAndroid OnePlus One Conversion Kit to fully turn your Galaxy S3 into OnePlus One! (This gives you everything from OnePlus One software features including the camera, lockscreen, Hexo theme/font, AudioFX app, Privacy Guard, and WhisperPush. Everything works except screen-off gestures.)
Now, also CM11 ROM now has gotten very stable, the “snapshot” M9 version is available for most Galaxy S3 models. So if you want to turn your Galaxy S3 into OnePlus One, definitely check it out this week and do let me know what you think!
Download CM11 ROM Snapshot M9 for Galaxy S3 (for all AT&T/T-Mobile/Sprint/Verizon/Canadian)
Download Android 4.4.4 Gapps [You can use Stock or Micro]
NOTE: You need to update you CWM Recovery to v18.104.22.168 or higher OR also update your TWRP Recovery to v22.214.171.124 or higher. You can update your recovery by downloading CWM/TWRP then using Flashify app CLICK HERE.
To install, reboot into recovery, make backup ROM, wipe data/factory reset, install ROM, install Gapps, install Conversion Kit, and reboot. (If for some reason you end up in a bootloop or get force-closed keyboard error on boot, reboot into CWM recovery, go to Mounts & Storage->format /system. For TWRP, go to Wipe->Advanced Wipe->Wipe /system.)
First time installing a custom ROM? See How to Install Custom ROM on Galaxy S3!
Credits – CyanogenMOD for awesome CM11 ROM! The HighOnAndroid OnePlus One Conversion kit also works on any Android smartphone or tablet running CM11 ROM, see How to Convert your Android Smartphone into OnePlus One!
- Want latest Android L Preview Keyboard? See How to Install Android L Preview Keyboard on rooted Android!
- Want Flash Player? See How to Install Flash Player on Android 4.4.2/4.4.3 KitKat!
- If you want some awesome audio, check out Viper4Audio FX MOD, which you can install on this ROM to enhance your music 100%.
- If you want to run your apps in tablet/hybrid/custom DPI mode, see our Xposed App Settings guide.
- If you want PIE Controls, see our LMT Pie Control guide.
- Need to run apps that check for root? Check out How to Run Apps that’s don’t run on rooted Android!
- Want to listen to YouTube music with screen off? Check out How to Playback YouTube videos with Screen-Off!
- Need multi-window? Check out How to Add Multi-Window to Any Rooted Android!
Q: My 3G/4G LTE data is not working!!!
A: See How to Fix 3G/4G LTE data by Manually Setting APN on Android!
Q: I don’t have Play Store nor any of the Google apps!
A: You forgot to install Gapps, reboot into recovery and install it! (See above for download.)
Q: The ROM is not booting!
A: Try formatting /system and re-install ROM, sometimes the system partition gets corrupt and you may have to try 2 or 3 times before the ROM boots.
Q: How can I thank you for your tutorial?
A: I don’t take donations but if you could PLEASE subscribe to my Zedomax YouTube channel, that would help me greatly and thank you!