For those of you with a Galaxy S3 GT-i9300, you are in luck as S5 Sensations ROM by XDA user Sunajkram23 brings you a real “S5 port” to your Galaxy S3.
Inside S5 Sensations, you will find goodies like native call recording, modded S5 launcher with theme support, Ultra Power Saving Mode (Yes get 10 days of battery life!), S5 lockscreen effects, quad multi-window, and much more.
S5 Sensations ROM also ships with practically every S5 app, which you can customize with its AROMA installer so you don’t end up with a ton of bloatware you don’t want.
And yes, you can even try the S5 camera (only still camera works, other features are broke) which works well for regular still photos. (But I do recommend using S3 camera for daily driving.) For themes, you will be able to get over 20+ themes and easily switch the look on your S3 to an LG G3, HTC Sense, Xperia, iOS, MIUI, and much more.
Overall, S5 Sensations ROM represents just the start of custom ROM revolution for the Galaxy S3 as there’s actually a slew of S5 custom ROMs available now. As for Qualcomm-based S3 users such as U.S./Canadian S3 users, you may have to wait a bit more for this to come to your phones.
If you want to convert your Galaxy S3 into an S5, definitely check S5 Sensations ROM out this week(end) and do let me know what you think!
Download S5 Sensations ROM for Galaxy S3 GT-i9300 (DO NOT INSTALL UNLESS YOU HAVE GT-i9300!!!)
NOTE: You need to update you CWM Recovery to v22.214.171.124 or higher OR also update your TWRP Recovery to v126.96.36.199 or higher. You can update your recovery by downloading CWM/TWRP then using Flashify app CLICK HERE.
To install, reboot into recovery, make backup ROM, wipe data/factory reset, install ROM, install TouchWiz Themes, and reboot. (If for some reason you end up in a bootloop or get force-closed keyboard error on boot, reboot into CWM recovery, go to Mounts & Storage->format /system. For TWRP, go to Wipe->Advanced Wipe->Wipe /system.)
First time installing a custom ROM? See How to Install Custom ROM on Galaxy S3!
- Want latest Android L Preview Keyboard? See How to Install Android L Preview Keyboard on rooted Android!
- Want Flash Player? See How to Install Flash Player on Android 4.4.2/4.4.3 KitKat!
- If you want some awesome audio, check out Viper4Audio FX MOD, which you can install on this ROM to enhance your music 100%.
- If you want to run your apps in tablet/hybrid/custom DPI mode, see our Xposed App Settings guide.
- If you want PIE Controls, see our LMT Pie Control guide.
- Need to run apps that check for root? Check out How to Run Apps that’s don’t run on rooted Android!
- Want to listen to YouTube music with screen off? Check out How to Playback YouTube videos with Screen-Off!
- Need multi-window? Check out How to Add Multi-Window to Any Rooted Android!
Q: My 3G/4G LTE data is not working!!!
A: See How to Fix 3G/4G LTE data by Manually Setting APN on Android!
Q: I don’t have Play Store nor any of the Google apps!
A: You forgot to install Gapps, reboot into recovery and install it! (See above for download.)
Q: The ROM is not booting!
A: Try formatting /system and re-install ROM, sometimes the system partition gets corrupt and you may have to try 2 or 3 times before the ROM boots.
Q: How can I thank you for your tutorial?