For those of you who have been waiting for official CM12.1 with latest Android 5.1.1, we have some good news for you as official CM12.1 ROMs are finally here!
These are based on latest CyanogenMod sources with latest Android 5.1.1, meaning you will get all of the new Android 5.1.1 features including soft buttons with hardware keys disabled.
Best of all, these builds have everything working out of the box including camera and Netflix. I know many of you with Sprint S3 were having trouble but these CM12.1 have flawless camera for all S3 models. (official builds are available for all S3 models except GT-i9300) Performance is excellent along with great battery life on these builds.
Best part about CM12.1? You do not need to do any wipe if coming from CM12 or updating from another CM12.1, just dirty flash and you will be updated but do make a backup ROM just in case!
The features on CM12.1 ROM are nearly identical to the Note 4 so we won’t go over it again but definitely try out these new builds as they are official and run great out of the box. (You can check out latest video of CM12.1 ROM review here for all the new features though.)
Sorry, no official builds available for GT-i9300, you can try the unofficial versions here.
Download Android 5.1 Gapps for CM12.1 (DO NOT USE older Gapps, you will FC!!!)
To install, reboot into recovery, make backup ROM, format /system, wipe data/factory reset, install ROM, install Gapps, and reboot.
If you have AT&T or Verizon S3 with locked bootloader (Android 4.3 or up) and using SafeStrap, YOU CANNOT INSTALL THIS ROM, SORRY!
First time installing a custom ROM? See How to Install Custom ROM on Galaxy S3!
Can’t find root? See How to Enable Root on CM12.1!
Credits – CyanogenMod <— Please donate to the developers if you like this ROM,thx!
- Want Flash Player? See How to Install Flash Player on Android Lollipop!
- If you want some awesome audio, check out Viper4Audio FX MOD, which you can install on this ROM to enhance your music 100%.
- If you want to run your apps in tablet/hybrid/custom DPI mode, see our Xposed App Settings guide.
- If you want PIE Controls, see our LMT Pie Control guide.
- Need to run apps that check for root? Check out How to Run Apps that’s don’t run on rooted Android!
- Want to listen to YouTube music with screen off? Check out How to Playback YouTube videos with Screen-Off!
- Need multi-window? Check out How to Add Multi-Window to Any Rooted Android!